Thursday, June 15, 2006

Desperate Times


BlueEyedRook vs. NN
White to Move

I can't seem to break this slump I am in. Ughhh....

I pulled a draw out here . . . only by the grace of God and a subtle trap.

1. Ng6?! Setting the trap. 1... fxg6?? the bait is taken (after all why not just snatch up that knight). Do you see why this was such a lousy move on black's part? 2. Qxg6+! (not 2. Qxh6?). And the black king has just one move 2... Kh8. Now follows 3. Qxh6+. And once again black has only one move 3... Kg8.

All I do now is simply move my queen back and forth from g6 and h6. This is "perpetual check" and as ugly as it is. . . it still a draw. I dodged a "big time" bullet here, folks.

3 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger H.K. said...

If you want to win, give me a hollar on redhotpawn (hungarianknight). I'm not a 1300, but as I said, if you want to win. ;-)

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Friend of Plato said...

I'm in a slump too on Redhotpawn (Confabulation). It's nice when you can pull off a draw because the opponent is greedy.

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm, what about Qg4+ then Kh8 Ng6+ fxg6 Qxg6 and follow with your move order...Is there any way to prevent the draw here?

 

Post a Comment

<< BACK TO THE REST OF THE SITE!