Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Mate in Three


BlueEyedRook vs. NN
Sept. 2006
(White to move -- Mate in Three)

I find "Mate In Threes" to be the "magic problems" for me. "Mate In Twos" are generally too easy. A player will long resign before any of them turn up for me to "solve" them. "Mate In Fours," however, are a tad too difficult to catch -- They easily fall under the radar screen and I almost never catch them. "Mate In Threes" offer that perfect compromise -- hard enough that opponents will miss, but not so difficult to go unnoticed. This game is a perfect example.







If you chose 1. Qg6+, I guess I can give you half credit. Ol' Chessmaster gives this as Mate in Seven (way far above my chess understanding!). The correct moves are: 1. Bg6+ Ke7. 2. Qxg7+ Rf7. 3. Qxf7# 1-0 (See Left).

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger James Wilson said...

Great blog!

It's wonderful to know that there are other people who are into chess (as much as I am)!

By the way...

If you, or any of your blog's visitors, are interested in improving your chess playing skills (using tested & proven strategies)...then you should check out my new chess book: Chess Success Secrets.

Not only will my book help you improve your game...

But you can also earn an excellent income just by telling your friends, family, co-workers (and anyone else who loves playing chess) about it.

For more information, please click on the above link...or contact me via email (at the address provided on my site).

To YOUR Chess Success!
James Wilson

Chess Success Secrets

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Wahrheit said...

Hey B.E.R., we need some new material buddy. October was a long time ago!

Best Regards, Robert

 

Post a Comment

<< BACK TO THE REST OF THE SITE!