Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Life's Ups and Downs

When it rains it pours . . . . but when the sun shines, it shines bright.

My personal life has been a real wreck lately. Lots of crazy stuff going on and almost all of it deals with work. That, however, is for another web blog! One that absolutely no one would want to read (who wants to hear about some person griping . . . about non-chess related stuff!).

The reason I bring it up though is that it is amazing how well I have been playing chess lately. Oh, I still hang pieces, miss obvious wins, and fumble openings, but for the most part things have been very solid. I have had higher FICS ratings before, but never consistently. My FICS score has been floating a good 20-30 points higher than where my general average is. . . . and it has been doing this for a couple weeks! It strikes me how strange it is to have my chess life so up, while my career is looking so down.

Maybe God is taking some form of pity on me?! Though if the Heavenly Father is reading this web blog, while very appreciative of my chess related successes, I would much prefer help with the career aspects of my life (unless I can make chess my career . . . . which I don't think even Divine Intervention can provide!).

3 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't become a sore loser in the game of life! LOL

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger BlueEyedRook said...

Hmmm... It would be nice to "log off" from my personal life right now. But unlike in online chess, you can never re-log on... death is permanent!

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger BlueEyedRook said...

Thanks Tpstar! Life will indeed get better... hopefully sooner than later.

 

Post a Comment

<< BACK TO THE REST OF THE SITE!