Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Day After . . . . .

Where to begin. . . .

Well, it’s official . . . I am full of absolute crap.

Pretty much everything I predicted for Wednesday night’s matchup between the Boston Blitz and Philadelphia Inventors proved to be wrong.

My biased/joking-prediction that Philadelphia would sweep Boston 4-0 proved to be slightly inaccurate. (Unless you realize that my prediction was made on “Opposite Day” and that I was actually secretly referring to Boston sweeping Philadelphia). (The Eagles are still going to the Super Bowl, right?).

My impartial/serious-prediction that there would be “roughly three to four draws” also proved to be dead-on wrong. Boston came out swinging. Even with black, they seemed to always be playing for the win.

The only thing I got right was that Wednesday night’s games wouldn’t be a “yawn-fest.” Unfortunately, it was Boston providing all the fireworks.

Is all lost?

Not even close. As Michael Shahade explained to me prior to Wednesday night’s matchup, Philadelphia will always do better when it’s the underdog. Philly and Boston will almost certainly meet again. Wednesday’s loss certainly puts Philly in the “underdog role” for winning the Eastern Conference. Hopefully, as Michael suggested, this is when Philly will be most dangerous. This is a tough loss for Philly, but I know they'll bounce back.

2 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

followed the link from wahrheit's blog, and damn glad i did...perhaps you'll get em next time....

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, they won't ! Boston is a far superior team, you must admit it.

USCLFAN

 

Post a Comment

<< BACK TO THE REST OF THE SITE!